When buying a formal dress, you want to make sure you are buying from a legitimate website that sells exactly what they deliver to your door. Believe it or not, there has been news stories about the number of scams in the formal dress digital sphere.
When you are investing a lot of money on a formal dress, you want to make sure you are buying from a trusted, legitimate supplier. This article will help you to spot the signs of a potential scammer so you can avoid losing your money and wasting your time online.
Prom Dress Shop offers stunning high low dresses and it is also one of the reputable and long-standing dress stores. No matter what dress you are looking for, they stock a range of the latest styles and trends. Another great thing is that they have been providing teenage girls with formal dresses for years, which is a good sign of a trustworthy formal dress store.
Top Signs To Watch Out For When Buying A Formal Dress
An investigative article was written in Inside Edition which featured a list of the known websites which have scammed people in the past. We suggest you check it out.
There are some other signs to look out for however as unfortunately, new scammers pop up all the time. Here are some obvious red flags on websites that sell counterfeit dresses so if you spot them stay well away and report them.
- You can get a dress in any shade as well as customizing the fit.
- They will have unrealistic tailoring times such as 10 – 25 days.
- The price will be very low compared to reputable sites.
- Their contact details will be unclear and they may not even have a telephone number. If you also search for the actual address and you cannot find it, this should be a warning sign.
- If you keep seeing designer dresses cropping up at a significantly lower price than you’ve seen in the store, it’s probably too good to be true!
How To Spot The Good Stores
- You’ll find that reputable retailers usually have a physical store location and will price their dresses around the $300 mark.
- Despite it being an online order, you should still be able to speak to a member of staff and get some help. It’s also advised to go to stores where you can visit and try on the dress for size to see its authenticity.
- When scanning the website, check to see the level of English. Many counterfeit sites will be skimping on the content quality so you will see spelling mistakes and poor grammar left, right and centre!
- Look at the image watermark and check if it’s legitimate and not from another company. It’s worth doing some background research into it before you go to the checkout.
These are all great tips to staying safe online however with the rise in social media these days, you will be able to search for a company and see reviews normally. It’s worth checking the brand’s social media presence on popular platforms and seeing feedback on Google before taking any final action. This way you will be able to see honest feedback and stay safe when buying your formal dress online.